The FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships Hamburg 2019 Drawing of Lots took place in Hamburg, Germany, at 12.00pm on Tuesday, June 04, 2019.
DRAWING OF LOTS TO DETERMINE POOL COMPOSITION
The pre-draw placement for each of the 96 teams (48 men and 48 women) competing in the 2019 FIVB World Championships is based on each pair’s points 35 days (May 27, 2019) prior to the Hamburg event as a tandem’s best six of eight finishes on the FIVB World Tour over a 365-day period are used to determine their technical entry points.
- The top 12 seeded teams are seeded in the 12 pools in accordance to their respective seeding points.
- Four draws are held to fill out the second, third and fourth position in each pool.
- Each team will play three matches pool play match and, as host country, no German teams will be in the same group.
The four draws will be conducted as follows:
- Draw 1: From seeding 13 to seeding 18, in accordance with seeding points, to pools G-L
- Draw 2: From seeding 19 to seeding 24, in accordance with seeding points, to pools A-F
- Draw 3: From seeding 25 to seeding 36, in accordance with seeding points, to pools A-L
- Draw 4: From seeding 37 to seeding 48, in accordance with seeding points, to pools A-L
The top two pairs in each pool will advance directly to the 32-team elimination bracket along with the four best third-place duos based on match points, set-point ratios and rally-point ratios. A lucky loser round for the teams ranked fifth through 12th will be played with the four winners advancing to the elimination bracket.