The FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships Hamburg 2019 will see the best teams from around the world in action. A total of 48 teams per gender will qualify for both men’s and women’s events.
|Host Country Guaranteed
||2 (minimum 2 quota places per gender is guaranteed regardless of the FIVB Entry points)
||20 (up to 4 teams per Confederation providing the players meeting Athletes’ Eligibility requirement)
|FIVB Entry Ranking
The qualification procedure for the four vacancies per gender and per confederation is as follows:
Asian Volleyball Confederation (AVC)
- Qualification Period: from September 1, 2018 to April 29, 2019
- Quota places based on AVC Beach Tour National Federation Ranking established during that period
- The four highest ranks per gender as per the above ranking will qualify to the 2019 FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships
- A Maximum of 2 teams per NF can be qualified.
African Volleyball Confederation (CAVB)
- 2019 African Beach Volleyball Nations Cup April 2019
- Based on the Athlete Eligibility, each affiliated NF is allowed to register maximum one team per gender
- The Gold and Silver medal winning teams plus the other two teams playing in the semifinals of each gender, will each earn one quota place for their NF to the 2019 FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships
- Should one or more of the above qualified NFs decide not to use the quota place, it will be then reallocated to the next highest ranked eligible team/NF
European Volleyball Confederation (CEV)
- One quota place per gender will be allocated to the winning team of 2018 CEV Beach Volleyball European Championship (Netherlands, July 15-22, 2018)
- Three quota placed per gender will be allocated to the next three highest eligible teams from the CEV not yet qualified through FIVB entry points as per May 6, 2019
- Before the Pool phase's drawing of lots, in case of change of player request - for an athlete qualified from the CEV qualification pathway - the new team shall have enough entry points as of May 6, 2019.
- Before the Pool phase's drawing of lots, in case of withdrawal request of a qualified team, the next highets ranked eligible team from the CEV not yet qualified shall be picked up to fill the roster - provided the NF has not yet obtained the maximum quota place.
South American Volleyball Confederation (CSV)
- CSV qualified period will be the 2017/2018 and 2018/2019 season - until April 29, 2019
- The four highest ranked National Federations per gender based on the sum of both seasons (207/2018 and 2018/2019) CSV Beach Tour National Federation Ranking will qualify - respecting the maximum number of quota places per NF per gender.
North, Central American and Caribbean Confederation (NORCECA)
- The 4 highest ranked NFs on the NORCECA Beach Tour National Federation Rankings as of December 31, 2018, will earn each one quota place for their NF respecting the maximum number of quota places per NF per gender.
Qualification Systems - Details:
FIVB Qualification system
Confederations Qualification System